Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One Month Old and 5lbs 5.5oz!!!

Today Nicholas is One Month Old!! Woo Hoo! What a long way we’ve come, but on the other hand…..HE SHOULD STILL BE INSIDE ME! LOL! He is technically 36.5 weeks gestation, but has become a big part of the world outside and is adjusting well. We’ve hit a point right now though where he’s got a stuffy nose, little cough, and sneezing, so I’m a little nervous about that. I’m taking him in to see the doctor just to be safe. Madi has a runny nose and most of you know how difficult it is to keep a 2 year old away from her little brother who she absolutely loves to death. On another GREAT note: Nicholas was weighed yesterday and is now 5lbs 5.5oz!!! How exciting! I didn’t expect it to be that high, but he’s gained 11oz in just 6 days. Go buddy Go!! On the Mommy side of things I feel I’ve lost some control of Madi. Boy has she hit the Terrible Twos. On top of that she’s been used to being at daycare every day and not being under the rules of her home 24/7. She also didn’t have mom around for three weeks while I was in the hospital so she’s forgotten that I’m not a pushover. We are butting heads right now, but trying to do all of the discipline in as much love as possible. There are many tears these days followed by hugs and I Love Yous as we discuss why we can’t act certain ways and why listening to mom and dad is the right thing to do. Somehow her vocabulary consists of ‘No’ as the answer to every question or demand by mom or dad. Dave and I are so sick of hearing No we could scream (but we’re not just yet…he he). We are slowly teaching her that responses are Yes Mommy or Yes Daddy. She doesn’t get what she wants until we hear these responses. Fun times in the Parenting World. I’m beginning to see where the What Comes Around Goes Around phrase came from. Sorry Mom and Dad!!! If I had known then what I know now I would have made life much easier for you guys. Love you!!! Or maybe I was the good kid and it was Dave…..thanks a lot Dave!! He he!! I’m sure it was both of us.

1 comment:

  1. Breath Jackie Breath - don't sweat the small stuff. Madi will be ok you will be ok and Nicholas will be ok. You are doing a great job Mommy.
    Love this site.
    Love you,
    Aunt Pam and fam

    ReplyDelete