Saturday, September 12, 2009

2 Weeks Old!!

Wow! I can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks already. We have come such a long way and we are definitely ready to get home soon. I’m really missing Dave and Madi. It’s just not the same getting to see them for a few hours a week and then having to say good-bye to each other. I went home for a few hours last night and it just felt weird to be leaving my own home at 9:30 at night knowing I wasn’t going to be returning to sleep there. We have had enough of having to say good-bye every time we get together and also having to plan our visits with each other. Nicholas is doing great!! They have officially started the weaning process from the isolette to an open air bed/crib. The first step is to put on a onesie and lower the temperature in the isolette to see how he handles that. If he does well with that then we put a sleeper on him and lower the temperature again. If he does well with that the final step is to put him in a Halo (thick fleece swaddler) and lower the temperature in the isolette to room temperature. Once he adjusts to that then he will be moved to the open air bed. The nurses say it will probably take about 24-36 hours for this process. Dave and I have an infant CPR class we have to take tomorrow night so I’m hoping that we both can be there for Nicholas’s graduation from the isolette!!

No comments:

Post a Comment