Monday, September 28, 2009

4 Weeks Old

Not really a whole ton to report. Things are beginning to pick up here as Dave goes back to doing some farm work and I learn how to juggle both kids. Aye Aye Aye…there have been some fun times as I learn to schedule things just right (HA, that’s a joke with a toddler and an infant) so that I don’t run into a bind. For example, the other day I got Madi up from her nap and put her in a high chair to color while I fed Nicholas. This worked great. I put Nicholas down for a nap, got Madi down and decided to pump real quick while Madi played. In the middle of pumping Madi locked herself in the bathroom, started crying, then started going #2 and got scared. I had to get up from pumping, try to find the key to unlock the bathroom (realizing 5 mins later I could just go through our bedroom in the other door) and got Madi out completely terrified with a diaper full and ready to be changed. Pumping didn’t get finished.... More stories to come as I figure all this out…LOL! Nicholas will be 1 month old tomorrow! How time is flying already. I guess when you spent three weeks of that time in the hospital it will fly by now that you are home. Nicholas got his first real bath yesterday at home. He actually loved it! I was really happy about that. He seems so relaxed and enjoyed just laying in the water. The weather here has hit FALL!! I would almost say it might be winter really soon. It was just VERY windy, wet, and cold yesterday. We really aren’t ready for cold weather yet, but I don’t think we have a choice. Winter here we come!! The good news is by the end of winter we will be able to go out and about as a normal family with Nicholas. Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are adjusting quite nicely! Try to record as many funny stories as you can, it is sure fun to look back at them later for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete