Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 13 - 4lbs!!!

Nicholas has hit the 4lb mark!!! Last night before giving him his bath we weighed him and he was 4lbs .6oz. I was so excited! He has gained 3oz in just 3 days. So he’s eating well and gaining weight. The nurse practitioner has agreed to let me add one more breastfeeding session a day so we are up to 5 out of 8 feedings. It seems that Nicholas is getting enough when we do the breastfeeding, but it take two pumping sessions for me to get one feeding for him. This will also hopefully help my milk to increase or pumping just might not be for me. Nicholas’s heart rate continues to be great remaining steady in the 130s and 140s! No more issues with his heart. I am still hoping to see them move him to an open air bed soon. They were thinking maybe sometime this week, but we are already through Thursday and he’s still in his isolette. I’m not sure why they haven’t moved him yet, it may be because of his temperature. I plan to ask the doctor tomorrow if I remember. Nicholas is becoming a lot more active now with being awake a little bit after feedings and really looking around and trying to focus on things. He listens to me just talking to him and many times I get smiles and smirks out of him. He just seems to be a very happy and content baby and is starting to act a little more like a newborn and doesn’t just eat and sleep.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh,those little knees again. I love them. Omi could just nibble on them. He's such a darling.....Many blessings to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete