Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 19

And things continue to move fast and furious! When I went down to the NICU this morning for Nicholas’s feeding the nurse asked me if I was ready to “room-in” with him. This means that they unhook him from all the machines and send him down to my room for a 24 hour trial period where I get to do everything with him and nurses and doctors are close by if I have any problems or questions. I have been so ready to have Nicholas with me all the time and anxiously told them “Yes.” I’m so ready to be home and I think Nicholas is getting to the point too. I got the car seat to the technician in the evening and they put Nicholas in it for a few hours to observe how he does and he passed with flying colors. I’ve been running all day today just to get everything done between getting clothes washed (Thanks Lindsey!) to having a friend (Thanks Melissa!) bring me the car seat from home to running errands and accomplishing eye appts so that there is less to do once I am home. I am still having problems with keeping up my milk production with Nicholas’s feedings. I’m getting just about an ounce each time and he’s eating 2 oz at a feeding. We still haven’t had to go to full formula feedings, but we are pretty close. The next step after trying the Fenugreek is to possibly go on a prescription medication to help out. I would literally try anything! Nicholas is also gaining over 20 grams a day over the last two days. He is now at 4lbs 4.8oz!! If everything goes well with our “room-in” session tomorrow and tomorrow night then we could be taking Nicholas home by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment