Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Day 12

Well, he’s done way better than expected with breastfeeding today. Out of the three sessions so far he’s fully completed two of them and one was close to finishing. Thankfully I am still making enough milk to feed him, but I’m not making to much extra right now and hoping that it goes back up again. I was at 40-50 mL per pumping and now I’m just about at 15-20 mL. I’m pumping every 2-3 hrs and breastfeeding too so sleep is really lacking, but it’ll get better I’m sure and it’ll be worth the effort if I can stick with it. The landmarks that Nicholas has made today include reaching 3lbs 15oz!!! And he’s consistently gaining weight at .5-1 oz per day. He lost his umbilical cord stump also today and I was actually there for it. Yeah!! It’s so nice to know I’m not missing too much with him being here at the hospital. I am thankfully still here at the hospital, but had to move rooms today. I was in the Pediatrics area, but they had an influx of patients over night and this morning (4 rooms were full yesterday and now almost all 16 are full) and they had to have me move back to the OB area. I’ll move every day if I have to in order to be able to stay here with Nicholas. I told them I’d even move to a different floor if they needed me too. =o) It is actually benefitting us that we live out at the Air Force Base because I live further away than most of the other moms here so I get first dibs on an open room if there aren’t enough open for all of us. I thought maybe it would have to do with the amount of time we’ve been here, but they determine who stays by the amount of time they have to travel to get here. So, all in all, another very successful day. Tonight I get to go down and give Nicholas a bath for the first time. He’s had other baths, but this is the first one that I get to give him so I’m really looking forward to that. Thank you all again for thinking of us and praying for our family and most importantly for Nicholas.

4 comments:

  1. He has the cutest knees!! :-)

    Soccer knees??? luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably football if Dave has any choice in it! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, he's gonna be a handsome fella.....maybe GQ man!! On every billboard across the country!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sight! Good to know all is improving for your little angel! He's a scrapper, that may mean he will be a wrestler. Or hey how about.... a hockey player???? could happen ya know! Love and blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete