Thursday, October 01, 2009

5lbs 7oz!!!

Well, Happy October!! Can you believe its already here? We sure can’t especially since it seems like yesterday I was heading into the hospital hoping the nurses and doctors were just going to stop my amniotic fluid leak and two hours later Nicholas was here. Wow! The past five weeks have been quite a whirlwind for us and, surprisingly, we are surviving, learning, loving, laughing, crying (mostly just me and Madi) and overall just cherishing our moments together as a family of four. Thankfully, after just a few days of loving (and tough) discipline I think I have a little more control over my little girl and she and I are learning how to work together again. She’s quite a little angel when she has some control and understanding of what’s going on. This has all been quite a change for her over the last 5 weeks. She was going to daycare (we called it school for her) every day with other adults and LOTS of other two year olds and then spending evenings and weekends with Mom and Dad with all of their attention. Then…”POOF” Mommy was gone for three weeks, there was this cool new baby doll that moved and looked around, and Dad was taking care of everything at home and with Madi. Then Mommy and Nicky come home and a new person is in charge and around most of the time (that would be big tough Mommy!). =o) But we are all adjusting better and starting to get on a consistent schedule so that things aren’t so fluid for Madi. Madi started with a runny nose on Saturday and by Monday Nicholas was stuffy, sneezing, and coughing. I made an appointment to take him in to make sure all would be okay with him. He weighed 5lbs 7oz at this appointment and the dr said he would be just fine and gave me some signs to watch for, but overall he’s doing AWESOME! Madi and Nicky’s Omi (my stepmom) suggested some pictures to take of Nicholas to give everyone a better idea of his size. I should have done this sooner because he’s gained almost 2 pounds since his birth, but its still pretty cool to see. That’s what the pictures above are….Nicholas with a typical teaspoon and with a ten dollar bill. These pictures will be so much fun to show him later when he’s towering over me. =o) Thank you all for your prayers! I’m so glad you all are enjoying this site and able to keep up with us. I wish we could get out to visit all of you, but by next summer he’ll be “almost” running around and we’ll be back to our traveling and camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment